August 6, 2009 |
Cuvaison Estate Wines
Women for WineSense Hosts Next Event in Carneros
Join us on August 13 in our Carneros Tasting Room when the Napa/Sonoma chapter of Women for WineSense will host “Wine on America’s Table – Celebrating Diversity: Matching Wine with Ethnic Cuisine!”
||Ever stumped on what wine to pair with Baba Ghanouj, Pakori or Ceviche? Be stumped no more! Join us on August 13th at Cuvaison Estate Wines' Carneros Tasting Room to learn about pairing wine with ethnic cuisine.
This year's Wine at America's Table event is taking on a recession-friendly, globetrotting format with an affordable ticket price that features foods from four exotic locales: Morocco, Vietnam, Spain and India. You'll travel from station to station with tasting notes and recipes in hand as you discover food and wine pairings that will delightfully surprise even the most seasoned wine enthusiast.
- An array of cheeses from around the world paired with Cuvaison Estate Wines.
- Four (4) stations of delectable ethnic food paired with luscious wines from Robledo Family Winery and Cuvaison Estate Wines.
- An exotic trip for your taste buds as you nosh on Spanish, Moroccan, Indian and Vietnamese cuisine.
- Recipes for Vegetable Pakori, Bay Shrimp Ceviche, Baba Ghanouj and Goi Cuon.
- Wine education from a local expert on pairing wine with these delicious foods.
- Great discount on selected wines from Cuvaison Estate Wines.
|And, of course, there will be opportunities to win prizes when you buy raffle tickets and bid on silent auction items (think big, think Magnums!) -- all proceeds benefit the Napa/Sonoma Women for WineSense General Scholarship Fund.
Silent auction prizes include
Raffle prizes include
- Merryvale Merlot 2000 Beckstoffer Vineyards Las Amigas 1.5L/magnum. Can you say YUM?!
- Invite some friends over for a magnum of Mumm Napa Brut Reserve.
- Southern Wine & Spirits and Diageo have contributed 3 lots - 4 bottles each - of the Jade Mountain Winery Syrah. Each lot paired with a certificate to a fabulous dining experience-details to come.
- The perfect excuse to get away-- a one night stay at Acqua Hotel in Mill Valley a Joie de Vivre property.
- You and five friends get the VIP treatment at a private wine tasting for six at Hanzell Vineyards .
- An evening to yourself: a one night stay at the San Francisco Larkspur Hotel property, what could be more relaxing!
- Kick your feet up, lounge by the pool--a one night stay at Inn at Marin, the to-do list can wait!
- Grab the kids and head to the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito.
- Enjoy the historic charm, beautiful grounds, and delicious wine at Cline Winery with a tour and tasting for four.
- A night in wine country in a deluxe room at The Lodge at Sonoma.
- You'll have convenient access to the Eldorado Hills wine region when you win an overnight stay at the Larkspur Landing Folsom Hotel.
5:30-6:15pm Registration & Cheese and Wine Pairing
6:15-6:30pm Announcements & Welcome: WWS President Christine Mueller, Cuvaison Estate President Jay Schuppert and Master Sommelier (and WWS Member) Barbara Paige
6:30-7:15pm Taste, Pair, Sip & Repeat
7:15-8:00pm Chef & Sommelier Presentations: Food, Culture & Wine
8:00pm-8:30pm Raffle & Silent Auction Results
Cuvaison Estate Wines' Carneros Tasting Room
1221 Duhig Road
Napa, CA 94559
$35 Members, $50 Non Members, $25 Students (Space limited to 60 guests)