Meet the 2009 Harvest Interns:
Our 2009 Harvest interns have arrived! They come from around the globe… Portugal, Argentina, Northwest Italy, & Northeast Italy… and they are all excited to be apart of our ’09 Harvest!
Steve wasted no time in putting them to work as harvest is now in full swing!
Listen to what guests are saying about our new Carneros Tasting room!
“Stunning, I love the glass, the views, it’s beautiful. Best new winery in Napa Valley”
“Absolutely gorgeous, can’t get much better than this”
“I love the construction it totally looks sustainable”
“When can I move in?”
“Beautiful and elegant, very, very nice”
“Beautiful location absolutely gorgeous”
BEEHind the Vine: Cuvaison
The WinoBee recently interviewed our President, Jay Schuppert, to chat about what’s happening at Cuvaison.
Read the full story to learn about Jay’s journey to become President, the reason for 2 tasting rooms and the remodel, Cuvaison’s sustainability efforts & cork recycling program, Jay’s favorite Cuvaison wine (and non-Cuvaison wine), & why he prefers cork over synthetic or screw caps!
Looking for something to pair with your Cuvaison Chardonnay? Try this Poached Salmon with Caper-Butter Sauce recipe, and let us know how it turned out!
Poached Salmon with Caper-Butter Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, very finely chopped
- 2 ¼ cups dry white wine
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups water
- Four 6- to 7-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots and cook over low heat until softened, about 4 minutes. Add 1¾ cup of the wine and boil over high heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 7 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderate. Remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, occasionally moving the pan back to the burner to keep the sauce very warm. Stir in the capers and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, combine the water with the remaining ½ cup of wine and bring to a boil. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet. Simmer very gently over low heat, turning once, until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- When the salmon is almost done, gently reheat the butter sauce over moderate heat, whisking constantly just until hot; do not let it boil. Spread the shredded lettuce on plates. Using a slotted spatula, remove the salmon fillets from the skillet and quickly pat them dry with a paper towel, then set them on the lettuce. Pour the caper-butter sauce over the salmon fillets and serve.
The Napa-to-Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon is sold out, but you can still come to our Carneros location to cheer the runners on to a good start! Meet us there at 7:00 AM on Sunday, July19th!
“Runners from all over the country will travel to this wine-themed race which starts amongst the vineyards at Cuvaison Carneros Estate Winery in Napa and finishes in front of City Hall in downtown Sonoma.” For more info go to http://www.napa2sonoma.com/site3.aspx
You might even catch a glimpse of Jenny Craig’s own Valerie Bertinelli! Valerie is supporting the Napa-Sonoma marathon! http://www.jennycraig.com/successstories/blog/valerie
Here are some photos from last year. There is nothing like beautiful scenery to pump up runners for a Marathon!
If you didn’t get the chance to listen to The Job Radio Show on 960am (San Francisco Bay area’s Working Radio) last Sunday night, you missed a very special interview! Larry Olson of The Job Radio Show interviewed Joelle Kurrus, Special Events Manager here at Cuvaison, on how she leaped into the Napa Valley wine industry.
“Every once and a while it’s good to get inspired by a real life success story. Someone who followed their career dreams. Joelle Kurrus left her life in Connecticut to follow her passion of wine in Napa. Listen to Joelle as she gives us a lesson in taking chances.” - thejob.podbean.com
Joelle is our Special Events Manager here at Cuvaison and along with putting on fabulous events, she holds a designation as an Advanced Certified Wine Professional from the Culinary Institute of America, Greystone.
Click to listen on thejob.podbean.com under the June 18th, 2009 post!
Celebrating our 40th anniversary, we have turned our two tasting rooms into two fresh, distinct and stunningly evocative spaces. The re-design of our historic Calistoga site is a contemporary take on the classic tasting environment – warm and intimate, with an inviting tasting bar and tree shaded picnic grounds. While the Carneros site is a light-filled space surrounded by waves of vineyards, the compelling design blurs the distinction between in- and outdoors. Massive frameless glass doors slide out of sight, opening to a terrace protected from the elements by the building itself. Be sure to come check out our new spaces!
Celebrate with us at our grand re-openings this July!
Calistoga Open House – Saturday, July 11th, 4-8pm
Carneros Open House – Saturday, July 18th, 4-8pm